Saturday, May 9, 2020

True Love That Lasts (new song)

How can I not be good enough?
When me and him are exactly the same?
How can you not know enough about your son's constant pain?
How can you turn a deaf ear
To the words coming out
When the eyes want to cry
Shouts are all we hear there and about

You say you believe in God Almighty
But you don't know the love
Pouring out of me as I write this hymn not for the man above
When I lay down at night in bed
And rest my pounding head
It's not Jesus on the cross
That holds me tight in his arms
And fills my aching heart

When I look up at the stars
I thought there was only one
That I could ever give myself to
And then I met your son

God wants a lot for us
He loves each and every one
But still my soul breaks open
For the man I truly won

If Adam and Eve truly knew that love
That He created for us
Then there's the answer all along
True love was meant to exalt us

But I'll tell you now I'm not that into religion
Although the Bible has its way
To turn a mind upside down
Where we'd all be laying clay

I'm not completely certain if God truly loves each and every one
Like the ones who use their words to hurt more than a loaded gun...

But what I am saying to you now on this certain warming path
Is that the only thing God wanted for us
Was to find true love that lasts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starseed Souls

Only geniuses come from Neptune You may think I'm crazy Or just a big loon But you believe in witches on big brooms? Then why can...